Monday 9 January 2017

Kate Pahl - my introduction

Hello everyone. I thought of putting a picture up of me struggling to climb up a mountain but decided that looked a bit over energetic so this is me presenting at the Imagine conference. I am really excited about this bid as it combines my interests and passions. I used to be an Outreach worker in the 1980's in Hammersmith and Fulham and I sometimes think I am trying to go back to outreach - I feel really comfortable when I am in community spaces and sometime less comfortable in university spaces. I have also been a poetry editor of Critical Quarterly, worked for a literacy organisation in the voluntary sector and more recently worked in a university. At the University of Sheffield I have  directed an MA in Working with Communities and currently am PI of Imagine an ESRC large grant and my bit is on the cultural context of civic engagement and I teach on a doctoral programme on literacy and language with a focus on community funds of knowledge and literacy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate - Lovely to speak to you yesterday - I am really looking forward to meting everyone at the residential.

    ReplyDelete